Produced Nontributary Ground Water Notification List (Sign-Up)
Well Permits and Substitute Water Supply Plans Submittal Process
30-Day Comment Period for Oil & Gas Wells within 600 Feet of Your Water Well
The State Engineer has adopted Produced Nontributary Ground Water Rules pursuant to the rulemaking authority granted to the State Engineer in Section 37-90-137(7), C.R.S. The rules identify and geographically delineate the locations at which the State Engineer will consider ground water produced from certain formations to be nontributary, only for the specific purposes identified in the rules. In addition, the rules establish an adjudicatory procedure pursuant to which the State Engineer may make individual nontributary determinations for purposes of the State Engineer’s administration of produced water. More ...
- Central Raton Basin Petition
- Niobrara Formation of the North Park Structural Basin Petition
- Sussex and Shannon Members, Pierre Shale Formation, Denver-Julesburg Basin Petition, Noble Energy, Inc., July 26, 2010
- Sussex and Shannon Members, Pierre Shale Formation, Denver-Julesburg Basin Petition, Encana Oil & Gas Inc., August 31, 2010
- Malone Well Field, Lower Mesaverde Group, Coal Ridge Section of the Williams Fork Formation, Piceance Basin Petition, Encana Oil & Gas Inc., March 1, 2011
- Sussex and Shannon Members, Pierre Shale Formation, Denver-Julesburg Basin Petition, K.P. Kauffman Company, Inc., March 24, 2011
- Niobrara Formation, Lower Pierre Shale, Carlile Formation, and the Greenhorn Formations, Denver-Julesburg Basin Petition, Ultra Petroleum, March 9, 2012
- Niobrara Formation, Northern Raton Basin Petition, SWEPI LP, October 10, 2012
- Pennsylvanian and Older Formations Petition, Pioneer Natural Resources, January 29, 2013
- Pennsylvanian and Older Formations Petition, Cholla, et al. May 6, 2013
- Mississippian-Pennsylvanian Formation Petition, Citation Oil & Gas Corp, June 11, 2013
- Lower Permian Red Cave Sandstone Petition, EAC and Cholla Production, July 25, 2013
- Niobrara Formation, Northern Raton Basin Petition, SWEPI LP, December 20, 2013
- Niobrara, Pennsylvanian Age, Mississippian Age Formations in SE Portion of Denver-Julesburg Basin Petition, Mustang Creek Operations LLC, January 17, 2014
Pursuant to section 37-90-137(2)(b)(II)(E) of the Colorado Revised Statutes, the State Engineer is providing written notice by certified mail to well owners that may be within 600 feet of the surface location of a proposed oil and gas well. Those to whom notice was provided have 30 days after the date of mailing of the notice to file comments on the proposed well’s application. Comments should be submitted in writing and must include the following information:
- Name of the Applicant whose well(s) may be within 600 feet of your well;
- Your well permit number;
- Your name;
- Current mailing address; and
- Other contact information such as telephone number and electronic mail address.
Comments should be directed to:
Colorado Division of Water Resources
1313 Sherman Street, Room 821
Denver, CO 80203
Attn: John Gabert
To review the location of oil and gas wells in relation to your water wells, please see the DWR Map Viewers page.
Instructions and forms for submittals to the Division of Water Resources for the approval of substitute water supply plans and well permits for oil and gas wells that produce ground water, while producing oil or gas can be found at: Well Permits and Substitute Waters Supply Plans Submittal Process Details.
The Colorado Division of Water Resources (CDWR) presented information on the administration of produced water from Coal Bed Methane Wells at two public meetings. The meetings took place on February 2nd at the Bayfield High School, and February 3rd in Durango at the La Plata County Fairgrounds, both scheduled from 6:00-8:00 p.m. More ...