Mission of the Colorado Division of Water Resources
Vision for Success
The Colorado Division of Water Resources strives to be a leader in the water community of Colorado and the western United States. This is accomplished by focusing on the following areas: people, water and stewardship. People, because we recognize that the business of water involves our employees and the public. Water, because the administration, safety and use of the State of Colorado's water resources is something we are committed to and care deeply about. Stewardship, because we understand and accept our obligation to the taxpayers and ourselves, in using and protecting the resources in the most effective manner possible.
Our Mission is:
- To provide competent and dependable distribution of water in accordance with statutes, decrees and interstate compacts.
- To ensure public safety through safe dams and properly permitted and constructed water wells.
- To maintain and provide accurate and timely information concerning water.
- To promote stewardship of all human, fiscal and natural resources.
- To serve the public through the generation of creative solutions to problems.
- To help the public understand complex water issues.
- To promote stability in the use of the state's limited water resources.
- To apply modern technology to its greatest advantage.
These Principle statements will guide our actions:
- Treating each other and the public with dignity, respect, honesty and fairness.
- Assuming personal responsibility for individual and organizational actions.
- Fostering continuous improvement, innovative thought, learning and shared leadership.
- Promoting an open and honest communication environment that builds trust, respect and loyalty among ourselves and the diverse community in which we live and work.
- Recognizing our employees and the water community for the professional, competent services they provide.