Well drillers and pump installers in Colorado are required to maintain a current license. The State Board of Examiners of Water Well Construction and Pump Installation Contractors updates the list of licensed contractors on a quarterly basis. Contractors may be licensed for one or more types of construction or installation. The following code key may be used with the contractor list to determine license qualifications.
- WD The individual is licensed to construct water wells. The license may be limited to construction of wells with certain types of construction equipment as specified in the limitations section. If the license is not limited the individual may use all types of well construction equipment.
- PI The individual is licensed to install pumping equipment in water wells. The license may be limited to installation of pumping equipment based on the horsepower of the pump. If the license is not limited, the individual may install all types of pumping equipment.
- B The individual is licensed to construct wells and install pumping equipment in wells.
- SP The individual holds a special license to perform specific limited work on water wells as specified in the limitations section on the license.
- SPCO The individual hold a special license limited to specific type(s) of water well construction, for example construction of a well using a backhoe.
Identify Employees Directly Employed by a Licensee (Required by BOE Rule 6.1.3)
Currently Licensed Contractors (Updated Quarterly)